Houston Wide Turn Truck Accident Lawyer
It is intimidating to drive alongside a large commercial truck, whether it is on a city road or on a highway. However, these trucks are important to the economy and consumers rely on the goods they carry. Sometimes though, accidents happen and when they involve a large commercial truck, they have the potential to be catastrophic. One type of crash that is very common are accidents caused by wide turning trucks. When these collisions occur, it is important to speak to a Houston wide turn & swinging turn accidents lawyer that can help you obtain financial compensation.
What Causes Wide Turn & Swinging Turn Accidents?
There are a number of causes of wide turn and swinging turn accidents. It is critical that all drivers know what these are, so they understand how to avoid them. The most common causes of these crashes are as follows:
- Right turns: Truck drivers do have to move far to the left before they can attempt a right turn. Before moving their truck in this way, they must ensure no vehicles are near any part of the truck so they do not cause an accident.
- Miscalculations: Truckers are required to know how much space they need to make any type of turn, and they must be well aware of where outside objects are located. A miscalculation of any of these factors could cause a crash.
- Lack of space: Sometimes, truck drivers simply do not have the space they need to safely make a turn. When this is the case, they should find another route or they could cause an accident.
- Failure to check blind spots: Trucks have very large blind spots on each side of the truck. Truckers must know how to check these and ensure their blind spots are clear.
- Impaired driving: Unfortunately, truck drivers are quite likely to drive while impaired, and this can cause an accident in any situation.
The above causes of wide turn accidents are all acts of negligence, but there are many others, as well. Any time negligence causes an accident resulting in injury, accident victims can claim damages.
Compensation Available After a Wide Turn Accident
The financial compensation available after a wide turn accident is known as damages. The most common damages available after a wide turn accident include:
- Medical costs, including prescription medication and transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- Lost wages, benefits, bonuses, vacation days, and sick days
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful Death and Survival (Estate) damages
No one can determine the full amount of damages you can claim without first reviewing your case. A Houston wide turn accident lawyer can accurately value your claim.
Our Wide Turn & Swinging Turn Accidents Lawyer in Houston Can Advise on Your Case
Accidents caused by wide turns will always result in serious injuries. At Gilde Law Firm, our Houston wide turn and swinging turn accidents lawyers can determine who was to blame for your crash, and help you claim the full compensation you need. Call us today at 800-973-3106 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.