Houston Bicycle & E-Scooter Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents have always been a problem in Houston and today, e-scooters are also sharing the road with larger vehicles, which also results in crashes. Bicycles and e-scooters are both considered vehicles under Texas law, which means they must travel on the roadways in most situations but doing so is not always safe. If you have been hurt while riding a bicycle or an e-scooter, you can file a claim for damages. Our Houston bicycle & e-scooter accident lawyer can help you obtain the full financial compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents and E-Scooter Accidents
There are many ways you can become injured while on a bike or e-scooter, but some causes of these accidents are more common than others. These include:
- Distracted driving: When a motorist looks at their phone or otherwise drives while distracted, they take their eyes off the road and may not see a cyclist or e-scooter operator until it is too late.
- Road debris: Bicycles and e-scooters are much less stable than other vehicles on the road. When riders approach road debris, it can cause them to lose control of their bike or e-scooter, causing an accident.
- Intentional acts by drivers: Drivers sometimes become annoyed by the fact that they have to share the road with cyclists and e-scooter operators. This can cause them to drive aggressively around these individuals, causing an accident.
- Aggressive driving: Sometimes, it is not cyclists or e-scooter operators that make drivers angry, but other drivers or something else altogether. Still, this may cause them to drive aggressively or with road rage around those who are most vulnerable on the road.
- Impaired driving: Motorists that drive under the influence do not exercise good judgment, and they have slower reaction times, as well as perception issues. Any one of these on their own could cause a crash.
Common Injuries After a Bicycle or E-Scooter Accident
Individuals that get around Houston on a bike or e-scooter do not have a lot of protection while they are out on the road. As such, they suffer some of the most serious injuries during an accident. The most common of these include:
- Head injuries, including fractures, concussions, cuts, and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Serious neck injuries, such as fractures
- Arm injuries, including dislocations, fractures, scrapes, and sprains
- Broken clavicles
- Leg injuries, such as fractures, bruises, and scrapes
- Road rash
- Injuries to the pelvis, abdomen, and chest, which are sometimes fatal
Regardless of the type of injury sustained, you can file a claim to recover compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Houston Bicycle & E-Scooter Accidents Lawyers Can Help You Claim Full Damages
If you have been hurt in a crash, our Houston bicycle & e-scooter accidents lawyers can help you claim the maximum damages available. At Gilde Law Firm, our skilled attorneys know how to negotiate effectively with the insurance companies and will work tirelessly until you get the justice you deserve. Call us today at 800-973-3106 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.