Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Over approximately the last ten years, the number of registered motorcycles in the Lone Star State has more than doubled. This is not surprising, as Texas is a beautiful place to get around on by bike. Unfortunately, that also means the number of car accidents has also increased over recent years.
When a motorcyclist is involved in a crash, the injuries they sustain are often catastrophic. If you have been hurt, you can file a claim to recover any losses you sustained. A Houston motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure no mistakes are made with your claim, so you recover the full and fair settlement you deserve.
How Can a Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
You are not required to work with a Houston motorcycle accident lawyer after a crash, but there are many benefits to doing so. When working on your claim, our skilled attorney will take care of the following tasks:
- Help you seek medical treatment: A lawyer will ensure you receive all the medical treatment you need so your safety and well-being are protected, and so your injuries are documented.
- File your property damage claim: Not only can you claim damages for your injuries, but also for any damage to your bike. If your bike needs replacement or repairs, we can file the claim for you to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
- Investigate your crash: It is not always easy to determine which party was negligent and therefore, liable for paying the damages you deserve. Our lawyer will conduct a full investigation and collect the important evidence necessary to prove your claim.
- Negotiate a settlement: Insurers are notoriously difficult to deal with. Our lawyer will communicate and negotiate with them on your behalf so you claim the full damages you deserve. If a settlement cannot be reached, our lawyer will represent you in court.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The aftermath of a crash on your bike is going to be confusing, and you may not know what to do next. The most important steps to take are as follows:
- Contact a Houston motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible
- Seek medical attention right away
- Report the accident, as required under Texas law
- Collect important evidence from the scene, including photographs of the scene and your injuries, and physical evidence, such as a vehicle’s bumper in the road
- Keep everything, including medical bills, letters from the insurance company, and more
The above steps will not only prioritize your well-being after a crash but will also protect any claim you may file.
Our Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Crash
If you have been injured in a crash, our Houston motorcycle accident lawyers at Gilde Law Firm is here to help. Our skilled attorney will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and handle every element of your claim so you can focus on getting better. Call us today at 800-973-3106 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.