Houston Fractures Lawyer
Fractures, or broken bones, are one of the most common types of injuries seen after an accident. While these may not sound like a significant injury, they can be very severe. A broken bone will greatly limit a person’s range of motion for a long period of time, and they often require multiple surgeries. Often, accident victims cannot return to work for a long period of time.
If you have suffered a broken bone during an accident that was the fault of someone else, you can file a claim to recover the losses you have sustained. A Houston fractures lawyer can ensure you receive the fair damages you deserve.
Types of Fractures
A fracture can occur any time a bone is placed under direct impact or excessive external force. Fractures are usually a result of a traumatic accident and while there are different types of broken bones, they can all vary in severity. The most common types of fractures are as follows:
- Open break: Also known as a compound fracture, this type of break occurs when the bone pierces through the skin. These fractures can result in damage to the surrounding bones and soft tissue.
- Simple fracture: Also known as a closed break, the bone is broken but it does not pierce the skin.
- Transverse: A transverse fracture runs in a straight line along the bone.
- Oblique: An oblique fracture occurs when a bone breaks diagonally to the direction of the bone.
- Comminuted: When a bone shatters into more than two parts, it is considered a comminuted fracture. These breaks take longer to heal and can require multiple surgeries.
- Greenstick: A greenstick fracture does not actually break. Instead, it bends and it may sometimes crack. Greenstick fractures are more common in children younger than ten years old because their bones are more flexible.
- Compression: These fractures occur when two or more bones are forced against each other.
Common Causes of Fractures
Broken bones are often the cause of traumatic accidents and these events are usually entirely preventable. The most common accidents that result in fractures are as follows:
- Car accidents
- Offshore drilling accidents
- Maritime accidents
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Being crushed or struck by an object
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Slip and falls
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Cruise ship accidents
After any of the above accidents, or any other that results in broken bones, it is important to speak to a lawyer. A Houston fractures lawyer can determine who was liable for the accident and hold them accountable for paying the full damages you deserve.
Our Fractures Lawyers in Houston Will Help You Claim Full Damages
At Gilde Law Firm, our Houston fractures lawyers know that accidents do not only occur during business hours. It is for this reason that we are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so we can be there for you during this difficult time. To learn about your legal options, and how we can help you claim the full settlement you deserve, call us today at 800-973-3106 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.